Winter Burglary Campaign Windsor & Maidenhead
Published: 06 December 2018
Thames Valley Police are launching their Local Winter Burglary Campaign across Windsor & Maidenhead. Over the coming weeks we will be working on raising awareness to help prevent burglaries. As part of this, you will see Police officers and Police Community Support Officers, carrying out a range of crime prevention initiatives, which will include pop up burglary road shows, the use of a Crimestoppers Advan, & High Visibility patrols, taking proactive messages across the area. You can look out for further information about this via our twitter Pages @TVP_Maidenhead & @TVP_Windsor & Thames Valley Alerts.
What are we doing about it ?
- Increased police presence.
- Intelligence gathering and targeting of suspects.
- If you wish to review your home security and would like a free crime prevention survey, please contact your local Neighbourhood police team, that can be found by visiting https://www.police.uk
What can you do about it ?
· Fit an approved intruder alarm and set the downstairs zones at night
· Fit segment timers to at least two sidelights and a talk radio station, to come on at random times, when it will be dark and you are not home.
· If you have a UPVC front door, make sure you lock it from the inside and remove the key at night. Keep the key nearby, but out of sight, so that you can get out of the house quickly, in an emergency.
· Lock all external doors and windows. (Your front and back doors should have 5 lever mortice locks or cylinder equivalent). Fit extra locks, to your patio doors and rear windows.
· Replace a security light with a ‘Guard Cam’, fit a ‘Doorbell Camera’ get a ‘Fake TV’.
· Keep your front garden, clear of large bushes / trees, so that it has an unobstructed view from the road / houses opposite.
· Plant prickly bushes/trellis, to deter anyone climbing over your garden fence.
· Sign up to TVP Alert to receive crime prevention and crime information at: https://www.thamesvalleyalert.co.uk
· Report any suspicious incidents on the 101 number or in an emergency 999 or online at: https://www.thamesvalley.police.uk/
· For more advice, please visit: https://www.police.uk/crime-prevention-advice/burglary/